Tuesday 16 June 2009

The first step...

The hot tip from Mr Bontrager is to check into a nice hotel on the first and last nights. That way, I can put my bike together in peace, rather than in the airport foyer, and also, I can leave my bike bag at the hotel (with my 'flying' clothes in it) and pick it up when I stay there again on the way back.

It's a very funky hotel...





So, that's my first and last nights sorted. Staying at the Hotel Mirano, Biarritz. I can see that wallpaper getting quite stressful after a few martinis...

And talking of Bontragers, I have my first confirmed riding companion for the Spanish side, return leg of the adventure. Laura Bontrager, KB's wife is going to be joining me from Perpignan to Biarritz (or thereabouts). She thought it sounded a great trip and she's always wanted to see that bit of Spain. And being a Bontrager, she's mainly wanted to just eat lots of the local food. She speaks some Spanish too, which will help as I speak none!

No comments:

Post a Comment